Our patients, community, and staff’s safety remain our highest priority.
As the impact of COVD-19 continues to grow in South Florida, DCA is continuing with CDC, state, and local guidelines for enhanced sanitation and processes to ensure we are safely providing exceptional patient care.
We kindly ask that all patients comply with the following at your appointment:
|Face mask required: everyone is required to wear a mask during their visit.|
|Temperature check required: Temperature checks are required upon entering a DCA lobby before your exam.|
|Follow DCA team member direction: please follow directions from our team members and have patience as we work through new operational procedures to keep everyone safe.|
Scheduling Prescreening Questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have a COVID-19 test result that is pending?
- Have you had contact with a known COVID-19 person within 14 days?
- In the last 30 days, have you had 2 or more of the following symptoms?
- Fever or chills (99.5 degrees or higher is considered a fever)
- New acute cough not previously diagnosed
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing not previously diagnosed
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
If a patient meets two or more of the conditions above, the patient may be referred back to the ordering physician for further instructions.
Safety Measures In Place:
DCA continues to monitor and follow the CDC, state, and local departments.
- Scheduling pre-prescreening
- Online registration and contact-free check-in for social distancing
- Wait in the car until exam time
- Limiting visitors that can accompany the patient to required aides
- Enhanced sanitation and cleaning procedures in between every patient
- Our team is receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols
- Increased frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) with the use of a medical-grade disinfectant
- All team members check their temperatures before work and are wearing masks during operating hours and continue to follow proper handwashing and use of hand sanitizers
- Continuous training of our entire organization on all aspects of infectious disease and safety
- Any team member who is possibly contagious is required to stay at home
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.