As the data about COVID-19 continues to evolve, DCA wishes to assure you we are working hard to maintain the level of quality and patient care our community expects and our standards demand. With the health and safety at the forefront, our doors are open to ensure that we are here for you and our community.
DCA has been in contact with the PBC Health Department, following CDC guidelines and WHO (World Health Organization) recommendations in implementing our procedure in response to COVID-19.
Prescreening: DCA will prescreen all patients for COVID-19 both during our scheduling process and again when they arrive for their exam.
- Have you traveled internationally, to New York, New Jersey or Connecticut or on a cruise within 14 days?
- Have you had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient or quarantined person within 14 days?
- Have you had a fever in the last 72 hours? 99.5 degrees or higher is considered a fever.
- Do you have a cough or shortness of breath, that started less than a month ago?
For the safety of our patients and employees, DCA will NOT see patients with the following conditions:
1) Positive for a fever or a cough or shortness of breath (cough or shortness of breath that started less than one month ago) or
2) those that have traveled internationally, to New York, New Jersey or Connecticut, or on a cruise within the past 14 days or
3) those that have been in contact with a positive COVID-19 or quarantined person in the past 14 days
If a patient meets any of three conditions above, please call your referring physician’s office for further instructions.
If a patient presents with a chronic cough or a shortness of breath due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma or emphysema, they will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
If a patient is having a chest x-ray or CT chest, they will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
Protecting Patients and Others: If patients have a mask, we ask that they please bring and wear it to their appointment.
Social Distancing: Where available patients will be moved from the lobby and provided an alternative location to sit that is less crowded. After registration, patients will be asked to wait in the comfort of their car and notified via text message to start exam.
Limited Visitors/Family: We kindly ask our patients to limit the individuals that come with them to their appointment and require that they wait in their vehicles.
We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation policies: We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional steps to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of a medical-grade disinfectant.
- Our medical team will be responsible for immediately cleaning of all patient areas of contact between every patient procedure.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
Our Team: We are monitoring the health of our entire team on a regular basis. All DCA team members are wearing masks during operating hours, and continue to follow proper hand washing and use of hand sanitizers. Any team member who is possibly contagious will be required to stay at home.