Our community and staff’s safety remain our highest priority. As the data about COVID-19 continues to evolve, DCA will update procedures to ensure we are safely providing exceptional patient care.
We are monitoring and following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state health department, and federal guidelines.
Prescreening: All patients are screened for COVID-19 during our scheduling process and again when they arrive for their exam.
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have a fever, or have you had a fever within the last 72 hours? 99.5 degrees or higher is considered a fever.
- Do you have a recent cough or shortness of breath with no underlying medical condition?
For the safety of our patients and employees, DCA will NOT see patients with the following conditions:
- Positive for recent fever and cough/shortness of breath/sore throat.
- COVID-19 positive and still under Quarantine guidelines and ongoing medical treatment.
- Those that have been in contact with a positive COVID-19 or quarantined person in the past 14 days.
If a patient meets any of the conditions above, please call your referring physician’s office for further instructions.
If a patient presents with fever or cough or shortness of breath, the exam will be scheduled three days out in order to obtain clinical approval to ensure patients and our staff’s safety.
All patients will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
Protecting Patients and Others: If patients have a mask, we ask that they please bring and wear it to their appointment.
Social Distancing: We are limiting the number of patients in our waiting rooms by requiring pre-registration on our online patient portal prior to the appointment and having most patients wait in their car after registration. Where available patients may be moved from the lobby and provided an alternative location to sit that is less crowded.
Limited Visitors/Family: We kindly ask our patients to limit the individuals that come with them to their appointment and require that they wait in their vehicles.
Enhanced cleaning and sanitation policies: We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional steps to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of a medical-grade disinfectant.
- Our medical team will be responsible for immediately cleaning of all patient areas of contact between every patient procedure
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
Our Team: We are monitoring the health of our entire team on a regular basis. All DCA team members are wearing masks during operating hours and continue to follow proper hand washing and use of hand sanitizers. Additionally, we continuously educate and train our entire organization on all aspects of infectious disease and safety. Any team member who is possibly contagious will be required to stay at home.